Dual Credit Admission Steps
Students must successfully complete all steps for enrollment and coursework for credit.
Speak with High School Counselor
Discuss OTC Dual Credit and class options with a high school representative. Proceed to Step 2, if approved by the high school representative.
Homeschool and private school students can participate in online classes through OTC Dual Credit. Proceed to Step 2.
Apply to Become an OTC Student
Complete the free, online OTC application and remember to select Dual Credit.
After 72 business hours, check the email address provided for username and password information.
If you applied within the last year, or participated in an OTC class within the last year, skip this step.
Note: The application is not the same as enrollment in class (see step four). After submission of the OTC application, you may proceed to step three and four without OTC username and password.
Complete the Guided Self-Placement Tool to determine which English and math classes are right for you. Making an informed and wise decision about placement is important. For more information about why we use this tool as an alternative to tests like the ACT, visit the Guided Self-Placement Overview.
Submit Completed Dual Credit Registration Form
Only select online classes and/or approved classes taught at the public high school are available for discounted dual credit tuition. Use only the course code(s) provided within the online dual credit class list and/or provided by the high school to complete the registration form. Please type information within the Dual Credit Registration Form, before printing for signatures. Return completed forms to your high school counselor or email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org only. For classes taught on a campus, or online classes not listed in online dual credit, explore the Early Start program.
Fall 2019 deadlines for completed application and registration form submissions:
- Online classes – priority deadline April 1 to *as long as space is available* or until August 14
- Seated classes – April 1 to September 11
Obtain Course Materials
After email receipt of registration in class(es), utilize the following for course materials information.
- Contact the high school instructor of the dual credit course, or the high school counselor, to see if course materials are provided.
- Otherwise, login to my.otc.edu, select the graduation hat icon on the left-hand side, Bookstore Materials, the correct semester near the top, and View Books. Check back later if the correct semester is not available or use the contact information below.
Fall 2019 Dates:
- Billing Posts: September 24
- Payment Deadline: October 25
After billing posts, utilize an option below to pay in full before the deadline:
- Pay Online with an echeck or credit card – See personalized payment reminder within myOTC email for more information. For login assistance, the student may contact the Help Desk.
- Pay in Person – stop by an OTC location to make a payment in person.
Note: Dual Credit students are not eligible for Financial Aid. Payment arrangements must be made each semester. If dis-enrollment occurs, students will not receive credit which may affect their high school graduation and the balance will remain until paid in full.