The OTC Honors Program provides academically motivated high-achieving students who conduct themselves in a responsible and respectful manner the opportunity to engage with a community of scholars through a variety of individualized or learner-directed experiences, collaboration with instructors and peers, enhanced or additional learning environments, and real-world experiences both in the classroom and beyond to explore learning that is broader, deeper, unique, or more complex than traditional educational experiences.
The Ozarks Technical Community College Honors Program is an open admission academic program designed for high-achieving students who want more out of their college experience. Students are encouraged to embrace a lifestyle of learning and investigation, expand their experiences and opportunities, and seek out excellence and success both inside and outside the classroom. The Honors Program is more than just taking great honors courses, it is about seizing opportunities to explore, create, and elevating an appetite for learning and personal growth.
The Honors Program strives to:
- Encourage critical and creative thinking through a curriculum that requires analysis, interpretation, synthesis, and problem-solving.
- Provide an enriched and innovative academic program to students who demonstrate motivation and inquisitiveness towards education.
- Foster team building, collaboration, and leadership through effective communication.
- Promote activities that contribute to the betterment of the community.
- Build a network of academic and community resources.