The OTC Honors Program provides academically motivated high-achieving students who conduct themselves in a responsible and respectful manner the opportunity to engage with a community of scholars through a variety of individualized or learner-directed experiences. These experiences may include collaboration with instructors and peers, enhanced or additional learning environments, and real-world experiences both in the classroom and beyond to explore learning that is broader, deeper, unique, or more complex than traditional educational experiences.
No application is required to join the OTC Honors Program. To pursue the Honors Program as a part of any OTC degree, enroll in an Honors course of your choice, email email@example.com to request an invite to the Honors Program Canvas site, or speak with your OTC Navigator. The Honors Program can be completed as a part of any OTC degree through a combination of traditional Honors courses/sections and individualized Honors Contracts completed in regular courses/sections in any area of the College.
- A unique, individualized, and learner-directed educational experience.
- Create lasting connections with like-minded Honors students and dedicated instructors.
- Scholarship opportunities at OTC and at other colleges/universities upon transfer.
- Honors Program graduates earn distinction on their Associate degree at commencement, and on their diploma and transcript upon graduation, a merit earned by less than 1% of OTC graduates.
- Earn honors credits that are transferable to Honors Colleges at many universities including Missouri State, Drury, Missouri Southern, the University of Missouri, and many others.