Dual Credit Admission Steps
Save this site and refer back to it often.
Students must successfully complete all steps below, in sequence, before the posted deadlines, in order to enroll and coursework for credit.
Enrolled students receive a “Confirmed Enrollment” email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2022 Enrollment End Dates for steps 1 through 5:
- Online/OTC Instructor Class(es): Priority Registration Ends October 18
- Regular enrollment continues *as long as space is available* or until January 12, 2022
- Seated/High School Instructor: October 18 to February 9, 2022
Fall 2022 Enrollment End Dates for steps 1 through 5:
- Online/OTC Instructor Class(es) – April 1 to *as long as space is available* or until End of May/Before Summer Break
- Seated/High School Instructor – August to September 14, 2022
Payment information and deadlines are listed within step 6. The application process is free.
Each school has a unique list of course offerings available. See the list of course names, descriptions, credits and cost for each class, under Course Options by School Partner, then come back here to complete the steps below.
All other questions can be answered by reading the information below and exploring the menu that starts with “About Dual Credit” on the right-hand side.
Speak with High School Counselor
Discuss OTC Dual Credit and class options with the high school representative. Proceed to Step 2, if approved by the high school representative.
Homeschool and private school students can participate in online classes through OTC Dual Credit. Proceed to Step 2 to get started.
Resource: See OTC course options by high school within step four, then return to step 2.
Apply to Become an OTC Student (2 parts)
This is a 2 part process. Completion of both parts within this step is required before students can enroll in class(es) via step four below.
If you have already completed the application (see Part B) within the last year, or participated in an OTC class within the last year, and you remember your OTC ID, move on to the next step.
Part A: Create an Account. The use of an email address outside the high school email is recommended. Afterward, check your inbox in the email you provided for the next steps (Part B).
Part B: Application. Use the email provided after completion of Part A to login and apply. Remember to select Dual Credit within.
Resources: Use this site for video and written instructions for this step. If you receive an error message, or have difficulty completing the steps above, screenshot the concern and call 417-447-6900. If you previously completed both parts, but need help with your username and password, contact the OTC Help Desk via 417-447-7548.
Complete the Guided Self-Placement Tool to determine which English and math classes are right for you. Making an informed and wise decision about placement is important. For more information about why we use this tool as an alternative to tests like the ACT, visit the Guided Self-Placement Overview.
Submit Completed Dual Credit Class Registration & Permission Form
Spring 2022 Enrollment End Dates for steps 1 through 5:
- Online/OTC Instructor Class(es):
- Priority Registration Ends October 18
- Regular enrollment continues *as long as space is available* or until January 12
- Seated/High School Instructor: October 18 to February 9
Use only the course code(s) provided under the school you attend to complete the registration form below. If online is listed under the school you attend, use the online dual credit class list to complete the form.
The Dual Credit Class Registration and Permission Form is now in e-signature format, through DocuSign! Start the process by entering the name and email for the student, parent, and school contact who will electronically sign the document. Then, enter student information, course(s) requested, e-sign and select “Finish” to send the form to the next signee. Once all signatures are obtained, each party will receive a copy of the completed form, including the dual credit office, from DocuSign. Once the student is enrolled in the course, a “confirmed enrollment and next steps” communication will be sent to the email addresses provided, from email@example.com
Resources: Use video directions and/or written directions for assistance with the E Signature process. If you didn’t see a course subject or format of interest, feel free to explore the Early Start program at the regular OTC tuition rate.
Obtain Course Materials
After ‘confirmed enrollment’ email from firstname.lastname@example.org, utilize the following for course materials information.
- Contact the high school instructor of the dual credit course, or the high school counselor, to see if course materials are provided.
- Otherwise, login to my.otc.edu, select the graduation hat icon on the left-hand side, Bookstore Materials, the correct semester near the top, and View Books. Check back later if the correct semester is not available or use the contact information below.
Resource: Use the OTC Bookstore site for information on AutoAccess, purchase options, hours, location, and more. If you have questions, utilize the links provided or contact the OTC Bookstore 417-447-6620. Online students may contact their instructor directly through myOTC email at the start of school as well.
Make Payment Online
Fall 2021 Dates:
- Payment Window Opens & Invoices Begin: September 23
- Payment Deadline & Disenrollment for Unpaid Balance: October 21
- If disenrollment for an unpaid balance occurs, students will not receive credit for the course which may impact high school graduation, ability to enroll in future classes, ability to request a transcript, and/or ability to obtain financial aid.
After the payment window opens, note your balance due via the following two options:
- recommended: use your invoice in your myOTC email from StudentAccountServices@otc.edu
- optional: request a total balance due from email@example.com
Then, pay online with a credit or debit card (no log in required).
Resource: For student ID or myOTC log in assistance, the student may contact the Help Desk.
Note: Dual Credit students are not eligible for Financial Aid.