Come check out our family study room at the OTC Springfield campus library!
- Computer for parenting students.
- Enclosed space for accompanied children to play.*
- Toys, games, coloring, DVDs, and more!
- First come, first serve — just ask at the library’s front desk to use this space!
*Children must never be left unattended. See policy below.
- Please sign in and out at the front library desk to access the family study room.
- OTC students with children will be given priority.
- Children must NEVER be left unattended.
- In accordance with Ozarks Technical Community College’s Student Handbook:
Ozarks Technical Community College provides environments that promote learning for students who are enrolled. Classroom, studio, library and laboratory settings are not appropriate places for children except when the child is a registered participant in a college-sponsored activity. The campuses are also places of easy access to the public and do not have resources to protect unsupervised children, which could place the child at risk. Therefore, students and visitors are prohibited from leaving a child (17 and under) unattended at any college facility and may be removed from class until appropriate childcare arrangements can be made.
In accordance with Missouri law, any person having reasonable cause to believe that a child has been subjected to child abuse or neglect or observes acts of child abuse or neglect on campus shall report this information immediately to the Missouri Children’s Division within the Department of Social Services. The Child Abuse and Neglect hotline is 1-800-392-3738. For more information visit dss.mo.gov/cd/rptcan.htm.