The Office of Institutional Effectiveness provides services that support faculty, administrators and program personnel to ensure program and institutional quality through international, national and regional accreditations.
Accreditation of degree-granting academic programs provides the program with a credential. These credentials are used to assess the quality of the program and how well it achieves its own goals, as well as the educational and performance standards of the accrediting agency. During the accreditation process, the program completes a self-examination of itself to determine how well it is meeting industry standards. Sometimes program accreditations are used as an indicator that graduates of the program received the education needed to qualify them to be employed as professionals at a certain level or to become candidates for a professional license.
Why should a program become accredited? Accreditation:
- Provides a system for accountability
- Enhances the program’s reputation
- Provides peer recognition
- Stimulates self-evaluation
Why should a student attend an accredited program? Accredited programs provide the following:
- Recognition that institutions evaluated the program to determine it meets or exceeds national standards
- Employers are able to recruit well-prepared graduates
Ozarks Technical Community College has earned accreditation through the following organizations.
Evaluation visits for 2019-2020 include:
- Early Childhood Development – October 2019 – Have received initial accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Culinary – November 2019 – COMPLETED – Named an “Exemplary” program by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC)
- Welding – visit was February 28, 2020 – The labs will continue to be a Certified Testing Facility through the American Welding Society (AWS)
- Surgical Technology – visit scheduled April 6, 2020 – postponed due to COVID-19
- MO State Board of Nursing (Lebanon program) – Summer 2020
- MO State Board of Nursing (Springfield program) – Summer 2020
Upcoming Evaluation visits in 2020-2021 include:
- Fire Science Technology – Spring 2021
- MO State Board of Nursing (Table Rock program) – 2021
Page updated 06.24.2020