The Office of Institutional Effectiveness provides services that support faculty, administrators and program personnel to ensure program and institutional quality through the Program Review process. Academic departments and programs participate in this process every three years. The three-year review schedule is here.
Departments/programs will use data supplied by the Office of Research, Strategic Planning and Grant Development to analyze trends (such as enrollment, graduation rates, retention, etc). Additional questions using the HLC criteria and the OTC Strategic Plan as a basis are also included in the review. Once the report is submitted, a team of peer reviewers (from outside the department/program’s division) will meet to discuss the report with the department or program.
OTC encourages departments and programs to utilize the findings of their report when they present at the showcase in February.
- August – data from the previous three academic years will be given to the departments/programs
- Fall semester – departments/programs will work on their report
- February 1 – report is due
- February College Development Day – “Showcase” presentation to College faculty and staff
- February/March – peer review of the department/program’s report
- April 15 – all peer reviews are due to the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Page updated 07.14.2020