The mission of the Culinary Arts and Hotel & Restaurant Management programs at Ozarks Technical Community College is to support student success through a curriculum that builds the skills and knowledge needed to attain professional careers in the foodservice and lodging industry.
- A curriculum designed to build culinary fundamentals and business management skills necessary to apply in practical decision-making, problem-solving and leadership.
- Educate, train and prepare students for employment, promotion and advancement within the foodservice and lodging industry.
Provide a link between education and industry in developing career pathways.
- Maintain educational standards that allow students to achieve certifications through the American Culinary Federation and American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute.
- Provide and support extracurricular activities that promote and engage students in the pursuit of lifelong learning in the industry.
- Continually review costs in providing quality education to students through curriculum, textbook reviews, required supplies and scholarship opportunities to minimize costs and increase accessibility.