The Humanities Division at OTC consists of the departments of Humanities, Philosophy, Art History, Music and Theatre.
Our mission is to cultivate our students’ knowledge of and experience in the creative disciplines. These disciplines are collectively known as the Arts and Humanities. These courses including the visual arts, music, literature, theatre, philosophy, religion and foreign languages. OTC believes this knowledge and experience will contribute to their personal and professional well-being.
All courses of our courses have the following common goals:
- To develop students’ understanding of the ways in which humans have addressed their condition through imaginative work in the arts and humanities
- To deepen students’ understanding of how the imaginative process is informed and limited by social, cultural, linguistic and historical circumstances
- To aid students in acquiring the skills to develop a life-long relationship with the Arts and Humanities
- To enhance students’ appreciation of the world of the creative imagination as a form of knowledge;
- And to prepare students to function effectively in the increasingly international cultural and economic environment of the 21st century