Adult Education Volunteers
Adult education volunteers first need to complete an application. Then OTC requires they complete an orientation and training program (all instructional materials supplied at no cost). Volunteers and students meet at Adult Education and Literacy class sites during regular hours. The schedule depends on areas of interest and student needs. Average volunteer time is 2-3 hours per week.
OTC offers free Adult Education and Literacy volunteer training. Contact 447-8865 or 447-8860 for more information.
Benefits of being a Volunteer
- Improve your community
- Help someone learn to read
- Set an example for children and grandchildren
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Learn more about yourself
- Share your gifts and talents with others
- Help change your own little piece of the world
- Looks good on a resume
- Broaden your horizons
- Make someone smile!