I am an OTC student and I want to:
Please click on a + below to expand the section to find the resources you need
Great! We are excited about our partnership with Proctorio to make this convenient opportunity available for you.
We highly recommend following steps 1-3 below at least 24 hours in advance of when you plan to take your proctored event using Proctorio. Follow step 4 whenever you are ready to take your exam.
1) When you are ready to take a proctored exam, use a compatible browser (Chrome is recommended).
2) Install the Proctorio browser extension. (NOTE: If you previously had another proctoring extension installed, uninstall it before adding the Proctorio extension.)
3) Navigate to Canvas, and begin the proctored exam.
Please click on the testing location you are planning to use to visit their website for more information on their hours of availability and their scheduling options:
For information on how to take your proctored event at a non-OTC location please use the Off-Campus Proctoring Approval Form.
Some math courses require you to take your proctored exams in person at a testing facility – some allow the use of Proctorio. Please contact your instructor for help identifying which of the these is most appropriate for your class.
- You will be required to attend an in-person or an online appointment with the OTC Speech Communication Center via zoom to review your Role Model Speech outline draft. This 20-minute appointment must be completed to pass the class, no exceptions.
- Your instructor will post the specific proctoring dates and times in your canvas course section early in the semester.
- The objective of this assignment is to review your Role Model Speech rough draft but you should show up to the zoom appointment even if your rough draft is incomplete. You will be asked to provide identification at the beginning of the appointment to meet the proctoring guidelines. Make sure your draft is typed in Microsoft Word because you will share your computer screen with the tutor or email your draft for the review process. You will also be required to upload your draft to Canvas prior to your tutoring session.
Please contact your instructor for help identifying which of the above categories is most appropriate for your class.