Proctoring Resources for Students
I am an OTC student and I want to:
Please click on a + below to expand the section to find the resources you need
Great! We are excited about our partnership with Proctorio to make this convenient opportunity available for you.
We highly recommend following steps 1-3 below at least 24 hours in advance of when you plan to take your proctored event using Proctorio. Follow step 4 whenever you are ready to take your exam.
1) When you are ready to take a proctored exam, use a compatible browser (Chrome is recommended).
2) Install the Proctorio browser extension. (NOTE: If you previously had another proctoring extension installed, uninstall it before adding the Proctorio extension.)
3) Navigate to Canvas, and begin the proctored exam.
Please click on the testing location you are planning to use to visit their website for more information on their hours of availability and their scheduling options:
For information on how to take your proctored event at a non-OTC location please use the Off-Campus Proctoring Approval Form.
Some math courses require you to take your proctored exams in person at a testing facility – some allow the use of Proctorio. Please contact your instructor for help identifying which of the these is most appropriate for your class.
To complete your COM 105 course, you will be required to appear either at an OTC campus or at another approved proctoring location to have the persuasion speech recorded in front of an audience of at least five (5) people who are at least 16 years of age.
- If you are an OTC student at the Springfield or Richwood Valley campuses then you must schedule your proctored speech with the Speech Communication Center located at the Springfield campus. You can reach them by phone at 417-447-8235, by email at email@example.com, or in person at room IC200A. You are required to use your OTC email to set up an appointment but may call or visit in person for more information.
- If you need to schedule an appointment at a different OTC campus or another location, please contact your instructor via email. They will be able to provide you with a form to do so. In order to register for your proctored speech at any location you must wait until the registration period begins.
Please find information about the registration period, proctored speech dates, and other details of the proctored speech event in your COM 105 Canvas course.
Please contact your instructor for help identifying which of the above categories is most appropriate for your class.