- February 15 – This cohort begins in the summer semester (June)
- Program is delivered at the OTC Springfield Campus, 1001 E. Chestnut Exp., Springfield, MO
1The Respiratory Therapy Program is a selective admission program.
An incomplete file will not be considered – Complete the following by the application deadline.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT (Effective with the February 15, 2019 application deadline.)
Students whose first language is not English must document their English language proficiency. This requires:
- Minimum TOEFL iBT passing score of 84, with a minimum speaking score of 26.
- Student must satisfy this requirement by submitting a current TOEFL iBT score (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with their respiratory therapy application by the application deadline.
- Testing is completed through the TOEFL
- The TOEFL report scores are valid for 2 years from the test date.
- This is separate from the test taken to be admitted to OTC.
1SELECTION FOR INTERVIEW PROCESS:
The RT Program is a selective admission program. A grade of “C” or better is required in the pre-admission courses to be considered for the interview process. The Preferred Course Sequence outlines the pre-admission courses.
- A score is given for the grade made in all the preadmission requirements.
- All pre-admission courses must be completed by the end of the semester in which the applicant is applying.
- Mid-term grades will be checked in the spring semester student is applying.
- A GPA of 2.5 and higher is required to receive a score.
- A total score is given on submitted references.
- All 3 references must be received by the application deadline for a complete file.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
- Based upon the program’s admission scoring system, the top 20 applicants will be offered a position in the program and will receive information on the necessary steps to complete the program admission.
- Letters are mailed out to the address on the application by USPS and an email sent to the OTC address indicating acceptance or non-acceptance into the program.
- The accepted students will receive an acceptance packet through their OTC email account to complete the admission process.
- Applicants and alternates not selected for admission are requested to notify the Health Sciences office at their earliest convenience to move their file to the next available deadline.
- Applications must be renewed annually.
- Inactive application files will be shred after 12 months.
Contact the Health Sciences office with any questions at (417) 447-8803 or emailing email@example.com
OTC cannot guarantee that students classified under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will receive approval to take the licensure exam after program completion. Please contact the state or national agency that administers the professional licensure exam to inquire about licensure exam requirements.
Background Check – Students with a felony or a significant criminal history may not be able to participate in clinical experiences at some of our sites and may not be able to apply for a license to practice. Contact the Health Sciences office for additional information (firstname.lastname@example.org).