Apply to Join!
The first step to joining the Honors Program is submitting the online Honors Program Application.
The OTC Honors Program is a selective admissions academic program. Meeting the guidelines below does not guarantee admission.
New OTC Students (fewer than 12 college hours)
Must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- ACT score of 25 or above
- High school GPA of 3.75 or above on 4.0 scale
- Compass scores of 90 or above in reading and writing
- GED/HISET score of 77.5% or above
Current OTC Students (12 or more college hours)
- Must have a 3.5 or above cumulative GPA on a minimum of 12 college credit hours
Required for ALL Students
- Complete the ‘Honors Program’ application.
- Write a 500 to 1,000 word essay describing why you want to join the OTC Honors Program and what qualities make you a good candidate for the program.
- Students must take all 100 level or above courses to be accepted into the program (students in 040 or 050 courses must complete them prior to entrance into the program).
Early Application Deadline
The Honors Program accepts up to 32 students per semester into the program. Applicants meeting the early application deadline receive preference for the open spots within the program based upon qualifications. Late applications for the program for any given semester will be accepted until the open spots are filled or the first day of that semester.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- November 1st for spring admission
- April 1st for summer admission
- July 1st for fall admission
Honors Program Courses
A variety of honors-only courses are available each semester. These courses run from general education courses to special interest/topic courses in a variety of fields and vary each semester. Click below for the available Honors program courses for current/upcoming semesters.