Apply to Join!
The first step to joining the honors program is submitting our online application found below.
The OTC honors program is a selective admissions academic program. Meeting the guidelines below does not guarantee admission.
New OTC Students (fewer than 12 college hours)
Must meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- ACT score of 25 or above
- High school GPA of 3.75 or above on 4.0 scale
- Compass scores of 90 or above in reading and writing
- GED/HISET score of 77.5% or above
Current OTC Students (12 or more college hours)
- Must have a 3.5 or above cumulative GPA on a minimum of 12 college credit hours
Required for ALL Students
- Complete the honors program application
- Write a 500 to 1,000 word essay describing why you want to join the OTC honors program and what qualities make you a good candidate.
- Take only 100 level or above courses. Students in 040 or 050 courses must complete them prior to entrance into the program.
Early Application Deadline
The honors program accepts new students every semester. Applicants meeting the early application deadline will receive preference for the open spots within the program. After the early action deadline has passed, applications are accepted on a rolling basis until spots are filled.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- November 1st for spring admission
- April 1st for summer admission
- July 1st for fall admission
Honors Program Courses
A variety of honors courses are available each semester. These courses range from general education courses to special interest/topic courses. Click below for the available honors program courses for current/upcoming semesters.