The English Department has events? We do! Our English Club puts together events every semester. They recently hosted a Edgar Allan Poe Escape Room. If you publish in our Go Anywhere Literary Magazine, we host an event for that, too. Additionally, we have hosted student-driven events, such as a Student Resource Fair developed from research done in class. Check back often to see what’s happening in the English Department.
Go Anywhere Magazine Submissions Open
We are accepting submissions for the GoAnywhere Magazine. Got a piece of fiction? Non Fiction? Something literary? Maybe some poetry? Or maybe writing isn’t your thing. We accept artwork, too.
We’ll accept your submissions until March 6, 2020.
- Fiction and Literary Analysis: Not to exceed 6,000 words, double-spaced (Limit 2 submissions per person)
- Poetry: Submit in the form you wish it to appear (Limit 5 submissions per person)
All the Details
- All written work must be in a format compatible with Microsoft Word and sent as email attachments.
- All art must be submitted with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi or in a format that permits scanning. Prefer TIFF files. Please send as email attachments.
- In the email, please include the following: name, email address and title(s) of submission(s). A short bio paragraph would also be helpful, including any pertinent experience and/or previous publication.
- You will receive an email after the submission deadline notifying you if your work has been chosen. All work will be selected based on quality. Works that are deemed offensive or include graphic sexual or violent content may be rejected at the discretion of the editorial board.