Every qualified student with a disability has the right to:
- Equal access to educational and co-curricular programs, services, activities, and facilities available through OTC.
- Reasonable and effective accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids as determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Confidentiality regarding disability information including the right to choose to whom the disclosure of disability is made except as required by law.
- Participate in the interactive process of developing their accommodation plan.
- Protection from discrimination, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to be free from verbal and/or physical abuse.
- Students have the right to refuse and/or discontinue their relationship with the Disability Support Services at any time.
- Students have the right to submit a grievance if they feel their rights have been violated in any way. A grievance may be filed pursuant to Policy 5.17 – Grievance Procedures for Students – OTC Policies and Procedures.