Missouri State University uses the foreign language placement exam to help determine your level of skill in a specific language and your potential to succeed in a specific course. We recommend that you take the exam prior to your SOAR session.
You take the exam to evaluate your proficiency in the following languages:
Your placement exam results are good for as long as you remain an undergraduate student at Missouri State.
Who takes the exam?
We do not require the foreign language placement exam. However, students who have taken at least one year of French, German or Spanish in high school or have some other type or language experience are required to take the exam prior to enrolling in language courses.
The computerized exam is offered online and can be taken at any time. It typically takes about 30 minutes to complete, and your results will be available at the conclusion of the test.
The exam using multiple choice questions to evaluate knowledge of:
- Reading comprehension
Taking the exam
Follow the steps below to take the foreign language placement exam:
- Access the WebCAPE system
- Select Missouri State University from the dropdown list and click Go
- Enter bears1 in the password box and click Login
- Select the language you wish to test from the dropdown list and click Begin
- Enter your name and BearPass number and click Continue
- Answer the test questions in the allotted time