The Center of Excellence for Medical Simulation offers CPR certification courses and advanced resuscitation courses
According to the American Health Association (AHA) more than 500,000 adults and children in the United States experience a cardiac arrest each year and less than 15% survive. High-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is the primary component in influencing survival from cardiac arrest, and the Simulation Center at OTC is ready to help improve these outcomes.
The Simulation Center has six adult and four infant QCPR manikins which come equipped with software that provides feedback in the five key components of high-quality CPR:
- Minimize interruptions in chest compressions
- Provide compressions of adequate depth
- Ensure compressions are fast enough
- Avoid leaning between compressions
- Avoid excessive ventilation
This feedback ensures caregivers are providing CPR at the highest standard possible. Better measurement and training in CPR can have a significant impact on survival from cardiac arrest and eliminate the gap between current and optimal outcomes.
The Simulation Center offers AHA certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers (HCP) and training for lay persons in first-aid, blood-borne pathogens and Heartsaver CPR/AED. We offer either a seated course for a group of six or more or a blended course online for individuals who prefer self-directed instruction, which is completed with a hands-on skills session. CEMS also has ACLS and PALS courses available by request.
We welcome corporate groups and are happy to train on site.
- Part one (the online portion) must be completed before scheduling part two. Click HERE for the online portion.
- To complete part two of CPR training, click HERE to sign up.
For additional information contact:
- Whitney Thompson at (417) 447-2679, firstname.lastname@example.org