Welcome to OTC Practical Nursing Program – Table Rock.
Mission of the PN Program:
The Mission of the OTC Practical Nursing Program is to provide educational opportunities to individuals that benefit the society and community in which they practice by promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. The Table Rock Practical Nursing Program provides these educational opportunities and prepares students for the role of a practical nurse by first teaching students communication skills and accountability. Additionally, we emphasize health care concepts related to patient care while always maintaining an appreciation of cultural diversity. Graduates will be able to incorporate nursing skills necessary to care for patients and have a strong understanding of pathophysiology and pharmacology. We also teach those in our program the importance nutritional aspects of health alterations.
Effective immediately the Practical Nursing Program has implemented an English proficiency requirement.
See the application checklist for additional information.
100% NCLEX Pass Rate for 2018
- The deadline to apply to the Practical Nursing program is still set for April 1st.
- References are due June 1st for the April 1, 2020 deadline.
- The Kaplan and basic math assessment test will be offered by special invitation.
- You have to apply by April 1st to be invited.
- Although students will be assisted with the application process for licensure while in the program, successful completion of the Practical Nursing Program does NOT guarantee eligibility to take the Practical Nursing Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN). Eligibility for licensure and permission to take the exam is at the sole discretion of the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- In addition, OTC cannot guarantee that students classified under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will receive approval to take the licensure exam after program completion. Please contact the state or national agency that administers the professional licensure exam to inquire about licensure exam requirements.