Welcome to OTC Practical Nursing – Springfield.
Mission of the PN program:
The Mission of the OTC Practical Nursing Program is to provide educational opportunities to individuals that benefit the society and community in which they practice by promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. The Springfield Practical Nursing Program provides these educational opportunities and prepares students for the role of a practical nurse by first teaching students communication skills and accountability. Additionally, we emphasize health care concepts related to patient care while always maintaining an appreciation of cultural diversity. Graduates will be able to incorporate the nursing skills necessary to care for patients and have a strong understanding of pathophysiology and pharmacology. We also teach those in our program the importance nutritional aspects of health alterations.
Effective immediately the Practical Nursing Program has implemented an English proficiency requirement.
See the application checklist for additional information.
100% NCLEX Pass Rate for 2019
The Missouri State Board of Nursing will conduct a site visit of the Springfield Practical Nursing Program in July 2020. The PN Program would like to encourage public comments about the program that will be passed on to the State Board of Nursing during the visit. Please email your comments to email@example.com and put “Public Comments” in the subject line.
The following has been adjusted for the October 1st application deadline due to current events with COVID-19:
- The application deadline will remain October 1st.
- Kaplan admissions test and basic math assessment test results are due by Thursday, October 1st.
- Three references are due by Thursday, October 15th.
- One reference must come from your anatomy or physiology instructor.
Click HERE for a detailed Practical Nursing informational lecture session.
- Although students will be assisted with the application process for licensure while in the program, successful completion of the Practical Nursing Program does NOT guarantee eligibility to take the Practical Nursing Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN). Eligibility for licensure and permission to take the exam is at the sole discretion of the Missouri State Board of Nursing.
- In addition, OTC cannot guarantee that students classified under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will receive approval to take the licensure exam after program completion. Please contact the state or national agency that administers the professional licensure exam to inquire about licensure exam requirements.