Hybrid Track Information
Students selected for the hybrid track, complete all lecture and course work online throughout the week and complete all laboratory experiences on the Springfield campus on Saturdays from 8am – 5pm. You can find more hybrid track information below.
Students are also required to be available for pre-clinical & clinical rotations in dental offices. The first clinical rotation is in the OTC dental hygiene clinic on the Springfield campus. The clinic is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays and students will be required to attend 2-3 times during the A-Block of the first semester. During the B-Block of the first semester through the end of the program, students are required to participate 1 – 2 days per week in clinical rotations in assigned dental offices.
The clinical rotation hours are dependent upon the hours of operation for the assigned dental office. Most dental office hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; however, some clinic hours may vary.
To be successful in the Hybrid Track option, students will need to:
- be very self-motivated
- be critical thinkers (the ability to figure some things out on their own)
- be proficient with computer and technology skills, e.g. Internet applications, Microsoft Office products, email applications, electronic file management (i.e., uploading and downloading files, viewing attachments), installing computer software, and troubleshooting
- have access to a computer, with updated technology and capabilities
- have high-speed internet service, i.e. DSL or cable access. Dial-up service is not acceptable
- have excellent time management skills
- commit 24-30 hours per week for course-related activities
- be self-disciplined and able to work independently
- be comfortable asking questions, for clarification
-Hybrid Track Information