CPR Instruction Information
The Allied Health Simulation Center is able to host CPR Certification classes for students and community members.
According to the American Health Association (AHA) more than 500,000 adults and children in the United States experience a cardiac arrest each year and less than 15% survive. High-quality CPR is the primary component in influencing survival from cardiac arrest and the Simulation Center at OTC is ready to help improve these outcomes.
The Simulation Center has six adult and four infant QCPR manikins which come equipped with software that provides feedback in the five key components of high-quality CPR:
- Minimize interruptions in chest compressions
- Provide compressions of adequate depth
- Ensure compressions are fast enough
- Avoid leaning between compressions
- Avoid excessive ventilation
This feedback ensures care givers are providing CPR at the highest standard possible. Better measurement and training in CPR can have a significant impact on survival from cardiac arrest and eliminate the gap between current and optimal outcomes.
The Simulation Center offers AHA certifications in Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers (HCP) and training for lay persons in first-aid, blood-borne pathogens, and Heartsaver CPR/AED. We offer either a seated course for a group of six or more, or a blended course online for individuals who prefer self-directed instruction, which is completed with a hands-on skills session.
- BLS for HCP Hybrid Course: $55 per person
- (includes online cost, skills session, and BLS HCP certification card)
- BLS for HCP Seated Course for groups of 6 or more: $60 per person
- (up to 5 hours of instruction, BLS HCP resource manual, and certification card)
- Heartsaver CPR/AED: $60 per person